Not at Fault?
Had an accident and not your fault? You may be entitled to a hire car for the duration of your repair. Talk to one of our specialists.
Exercising Your Options and Rights
Making a claim against the insured party at fault
Amex Autobody prides itself on delivering the highest level of service and repairs to its valued customers.
Our commitment to service and quality extends to assisting you where appropriate in making a third party claim.
If you are not at fault and the other person has the capacity to pay or is insured, not making a claim on your own policy delivers a number of positives to you.
- You are the one that has the control over the repairs and instruct us to authorise your repairs after the vehicle has been independently assessed and not by an insurance company staff Assessor;
- You are not limited to rigid terms of a policy and your obligation is substantially only to ensure that you are not excessive with your demands and that your losses are reasonable and in legal speak "mitigated";
- Amex Autobody, as your repairer, will not be pressured by an insurance assessor to use non-genuine parts, rebuilt headlamps or changeover bumper bars (parts that may have been in somebody else's accident);
- The Independent Assessor's obligations are to ensure that repairs are carried for a reasonable cost and the Assessor's role is not limited to an agenda of cost cutting, but to ensure your vehicle is returned to its pre-accident condition;
- You will be invariably entitled to hire an alternative vehicle similar to your own during the course of repairs, if the period of rental is again kept reasonable;
- If you are taking advantage of our preferred recovery process and extend all reasonable co-operation, we are prepared to stand behind our service and where appropriate offer you a guarantee that it will be at no cost to you.
If you want your car returned to its pre-accident condition without compromise and the use of a hire car, Amex Autobody can and want to assist.